Sunday, January 7, 2018

Grateful!

Hi Everyone!  Welcome a new week and a brand new year, too!  I would like to wish you all a very happy new year!!

Today I am sharing a layout that I made for the brand new Challenge YOUrself challenge:


This month, Challenge YOUrself would like you to create a layout using the inspiration song "You Rase Me Up" sung by Josh Groban.

Official Music Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJxrX42WcjQ

Lyrics:
"When I am down and oh my soul so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be
Then I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit a while with me
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up, to more than I can be
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up, to more than I can be."

Songwriters: Brendan Graham, Rolf Lovland

Here is my take on the challenge:


I used the recent photo of John and I taken at Jacobsburg Park.  And I printed the lyrics on the beautiful Blue Fern Studios paper from the Remnants collection.  My embellishments are from Blue Fern Studios, too!



Some close ups:




For all of you scrappers out there, I encourage you to take a moment to check out the Blue Fern Studios' blog!

And if you are looking for a fun challenge, please take a look at Challenge YOUrself this month.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  

Happy Scrappy New Year to one and all!


11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sharon.
    And what a great take on the challenge. Just love this song and all the beautiful detailson the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is wonderful, and I really love the song you chose, it is one of my faves. Here's wishing you and yours a creative, happy and healthy new year, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year!!! ond woweee!! this layout is so beautiful.. I love that song, a real tear jerker.. and you have captured such beautiful emotion on your page... just love it... I hope your new yar has started off well and it not too cold for you... we are in the grips of a hot dry summer.... air con on cold!!! Have a great week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and your family! Wow, wow, wow! This layout is just magical! It's so pretty and conveys the love and happiness you and John share. The colours, embellishments and paper are all just beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful layout dear Sharon - I am thrilled about it and it is inspired by a beautiful song as well!
    Happy New Year for you and your family !
    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is STUNNING!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the textures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Your layout is simply beautiful. I love the paper you chose, and the song is wonderful. The lyrics are so awe inspiring. Beautiful photo and embellishments, too. Your layouts are always so magnificent! Keep on posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my all-time favorite songs and you totally did it justice. Beautiful, magical layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the picture of the 2 of you. The surrounding embellishments are beautiful and I bet you had fun making this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. I love that you have printed the lyrics onto your page. Gorgeous layout

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!